Saturday, November 06, 2004

hey, peeps.

Since the Thataway Rose blog scheme doesn't have a Links section, I've started adding two links to the bottom of each post. The first is to THE HUNGER SITE etc., which is a website where you can click for no charge and draw down funds for good causes such as feeding the hungry (human) people, preserving rainforest area (tree people) and feeding sheltered animals (people). US Gov Email Addresses links you to a site with, you guessed it, US Government email addresses for you politically active people who like to write to your President, Vice President, Senators, Congresspeople and other government officials. Many are listed. I've gotten into the habit of, kind of off and on, but I intend more on than off, writing to government officials about a variety of concerns that affect not only me but the American people (of various kinds) and the populations of the world. I've written a few doozies, let me tell you... I've written a few doozies... It's nice to know also that one can get free stuff from one's I think both Senators and Congresspeople. I've gotten a free pocket Constitution and a lovely signed picture of Representative Jim McDermott, a *very* fine Representative *indeed*, one of our national treasures. I've written to Representative McDermott (my own Representative, I'm *pleased* to say, and reelected, too!, as if there had been any realistic doubt -- typically he runs unopposed, even) and Senators Murray (was she reelected? I believe it was a tight race) and Cantwell (my Senators) on a number of occasions. I *strongly* recommend writing to one's elected representatives, but only if one is on the political left, because if one is on the political right one's letters are bound to sound like total nonsense and put off the representative in question. :) :)

l8rz...

THE HUNGER SITE etc.
US Gov Email Addresses

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home